Monday 14 November 2011

Carmine- Beauty's Best in a Box Part 2

So I told you last week about my Carmine Beauty Box I ordered. Well it arrived last week. Unfortunately I haven't been able to post about it before as I was busy preparing for the Make-Up Party that took place at the weekend. I have now had the chance to test everything and I must say how impressed I am.


 When the box arrives, you open up the outer packaging to reveal this beautiful sleek little black box. It gets even better when you open it up and inside it reveals a beautifully wrapped package, complete with a card with the information about the products enclosed.

So in October's box I received; Balance Me: Super Moisturising Hand Cream, Daniel Sadler Eye Delight in Ice, Trind Nail Repair Natural, The Balm Frat Boy All in one Shadow/Blusher and Caudalie Quenching Sorbet

The first product I tried was the Balance Me Hand Cream. I have previously tried the Balance Me Rose Otto Body Wash and a Balance Me Rose Otto Lip Salves and loved them both so I was excited to try this. This is an amazingly rich hand cream that melts into the skin. It also smells fantastic with essence of Patchouli. It also contains Yarrow and Sweet Almond Oil along with Shea Butter. My hands are very dry a lot of the time (again a side effect of hypothyroidism... along with the change in weather at the moment) but this hand cream leaves them feeling hydrated and smooth, it doesnt feel too sticky on the skin either. Carmine send a 30ml sample size of the product, but considering the full size is only 100 mls you get a lot for your £10 you spend on the entire box of products.


Next up is the Daniel Sadler Eye Delight. You actually get one of two colours 'Peach' or 'Ice'. I received Ice which is a silvery white shimmer dust. I am usually not too much of a fan of these loose shimmer powders but this is actually quite nice. It is fairly compact and is a great highlight colour and will be great to use as a highlight for cheeks and brow bone as well as using it on the eyes.

The Nail repair Lacquer by Trind is a work in progress. I have been using it for a few days now to see if it will strengthen my nails. All I can say is that it goes on very easily and looks like a really natural glossy nail varnish. According to the Trind website the formula that Trind uses matches the protein molecules in your nails so it strengthens your nails but keeps them supple.

I love Caudalie products having tried a Radiance Revealing Face Mask and Grape Water spray. Both felt lovely on my skin so I was very intrigued to try a moisturiser of theirs. This is an extremely gentle yet hydrating moisturiser and my skin is left very soft but it doesn't leave a residue. This is part of the Vino Source range which is formulated for dry and sensitive skin. All of Caudalie's products contain their patented grape-seed polyphenols, powerful anti-oxidants and soothing Grape water. If you've never tried this French skincare brand before I can't recommend it enough.

Finally the blusher from TheBalm. Frat Boy is a peachy pink blusher with a hint of sparkle. It brightens the skin instantly and blends really well. The packaging lovely as well, it comes in a cardboard box with it's own mirror. The only downside to it is the price. Obviously I got it as part of the package but individually it is price at £16.00 which I feel is a little steep for a blusher. TheBalm in my opinion is aiming itself into the Benefit beauty market so on the whole £16.00 isn't a bad price.

All in all the Carmine Box is a fantastically well priced box with a wide range of luxury products, with a couple of full size products thrown in (the eyeshadow, blusherand nail treatment) and I cannot wait for November's box to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback and comments on my posts