Sunday 13 November 2011

Cocktails and a little Make-Up party

So last night I hosted my first make-up party, this was designed as an introduction to in home parties, I am hoping to run for people. I invited a few friends around to be my test subjects, offering the chance of a free mini make-over, homemade food and a few cocktails thrown in for good measure. I hosted this at my house, because as it was the first time I was running something like this I wanted to ensure that I had everything to hand. Now I have worked at large scale events before and also hosted hen parties and birthday parties in store at Pixi, where I previously had worked, but obviously at these events I had help, and everything was to hand.

 I set up a make-up station in my lounge. This is maybe a third of my entire collection. I chose the most versatile and multi-use products to have out. Some of the brands I used last night included Pixi Beauty, Pop Beauty, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Hissy Fit, Inika, Nars, No.7 and Smashbox.


 I also laid on food for my guests and used recipes from two of my favourite cook books to create a small feast- Lorraine Pascale's Baking Made Easy and Sally Bee's The Secret Ingredient. On the menu was a Tomato Tarte Tatin, Herby Leaf Salad, Homemade Salt and Pepper Breadsticks, Italian style courgettes, homemade spicy houmous, homemade onion dip, feta, olives and grilled prosciutto along with some sweet potato and potato wedges.
I also hired my wonderful friend Sam from Artcardia to create some amazing cupcake's inspired  by beauty and products and she came up with these wonderful cakes. Chocolate cupcakes with a layer of chocolate in the centre. Topped with amazing pink and lilac frosting and homemade chocolates in the shapes of make-up palettes, lips and lipsticks. Of course there had to be some edible glitter sprinkled on them as well! My brief to Sam was very vague and she came up with these creations! A fantastic addition to any party you might have!

Sam at Artcardia also made all my wedding favours and stationary for the wedding, you can view those pictures here

 To start the evening, I served everyone a Bellini, the recipe for this particular one was provided by The Blind Tiger. An amazing place... more on that another time. I used edible glitter round the edge of the glass for an extra bit of glamour.



Each of my guests told me what they wanted and I set to work. My focus was to create beautiful flawless looking complexions and using colour to bring out their best features.
Louise
Face: No 7 Calming Colour Corrector, Pixi Natural Finish Foundation No.2, Sephora Smoothing and Highlighting Concealer Shade 2, Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder, The Balm 'Frat Boy' Blusher
Eyes: BareMinerals 'Prime Time', Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Polyester Bride, Grifter and Urban Decay Stardust Shadow in Retrograde, Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen 'Black Tulip', Maybelline Lash Stiletto.
Lips: Juicy Tube Smoothie 'Spring Fling' and a touch of nude/pink lip liner.
Mini
 Face: Pixi Flawless Vitamin Veil 'Tanned', Pixi Eye Bright Kit No.3, Sephora Collection Bronzer in Bora Bora, Pop Beauty Rose Belle Blusher
Eyes: Urban Decay Eye Primer 'Sin', Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Grifter and Oil Slick, Nars Eyeliner 'Black Moon', Rimmel Day to Night Mascara
Lips: Pixi Lumi Lux Lips Palette
Beth


Face: Hissyfit Foundation in 'Nude' blended with a touch of Benefit High Beam, Sephora Smoothing and Highlighting Concealer Shade 2, Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder, Sephora Collection Bronzer in Los Cabos, The Balm 'Frat Boy' Blusher, Benefit High Beam Highlighter.
Eyes: Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette, Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Sin and Chopper, Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara
Lips: Pixi Lip Booster 'Theena'
Sophie


Face: Cosmetics A La Carte Primer and Glow- Nude, Pixi Illuminate Tint and Conceal 'Nude Glow', Sephora Collection Bronzer in Los Cabos, Pixi Lumi Lux Bronzer, Benefit High Beam.
Eyes: Pixi Fairy Light Solo 'Nude Nouveaux', Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Maui Wowie, Pixi Smokey Eye Primer (used as eyeliner), Rimmel Day to Night Mascara
Lips: Juicy Tube Smoothie 'Spring Fling'



I am offering party services as of now onwards, if you have a dinner, party or an event where you just want to feel extra special I will come to your home and provide make-overs, lashes can be included with this as well. (Cocktails and food not provided!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback and comments on my posts