Tuesday 15 November 2011

Natural Day to Night look.




Kim very kindly posed before make-up, something I know many women find very daunting particularly when you know its going to be posted on the internet. Luckily Kim has a great even complexion to start with.

 After moisturising her skin with Caudalie's Quenching Sorbet moisturiser. I then used Benefit's The POREfessional. This came as part of a Bridal gift set I bought in Sephora on honeymoon and hadn't really had the chance to try it on someone else yet.



Next I used Inika's Mineral Foundation in Shade 'Cream'. I love this foundation as it glides on so easily and evens out the skin in an instant. It is full of anti-oxidants and vitamins so it really looks after the skin as well. I used Pixi's Eye Bright Kit in Shade 2 to conceal under and around the eyes as well as any other areas that needed some extra coverage. I then dusted Cover Girl Tru Blend Powder in Translucent Fair to give an even finish.




I wanted to create a flawless base with bright wide awake eyes and a healthy glow. To create the glow I started with Pixi Cheek Gel in Natural and then used Sephora Collection Bronzer in Los Cabos. To add another dimension to the blusher, I used a hint of theBalm's 'Frat Boy'.

On Kim's eyes I started with an Eye Primer by BareMinerals 'Prime Time'. I then used two shades from the Pixi Wake-Up Kit. I started with a shimmery nude shadow blended all over the eye-lid and went over the top with a peach shade to create more depth. Along the lash line I blended a slightly darker grey to give a hint of eyeliner and used a hint of this underneath the eye too. I used 'Lash Hugger' mascara by Tarte Cosmetics

I combed through Kim's eyebrows with an eyebrow brush and filled them in slightly using an angled eyeliner brush and a taupe eyeshadow. I finished this natural look with a hint of Lancome's Juicy Tube in 'Spring Fling'.


To take this look from day to a more dramatic evening look, I blended a bronze tone from the same palette into the crease and down to the lash line. On the lash line I blended a charcoal gray to increase the definition. I used Topshop's Liquid Liner in 'Rook' to draw a very precise line along the lashes.


 Finally I added a highlight colour to the inner corner of the eye and under the brow bone before finishing with a dab of Benefit's High Beam into the inner corner to increase the highlight.

To complete the whole look, I added Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in  'Bonheur' or 'No.61' to her lips and a second coat of Mascara to add more definition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback and comments on my posts