Tuesday 10 January 2012

Christmas Beauty gifts and purchases

So for Christmas I took the opportunity to ask for some make-up and skincare pieces that I wanted but maybe couldn't quite justify buying at this time. I was lucky enough that on my list I received a fair few lovely things that I have had great joy in playing with since opening them on Christmas Day.

Firstly... The Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. IV

This is an amazing set. I have always loved Urban Decay eyeshadows, the pigments are second to none. This set is so pretty and it comes with the following

  • 16 eyeshadows (10 new and exclusive to the palette)
  • One full-size 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
  • One travel-size Supercurl Curling Mascara
  • One travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • One small external speaker that can be used in place of your phone’s internal speaker


  • I have already had a play with nearly all the colours and my favourite so far have to be Cobra, Gravity and Skimp plus Midnight Cowgirl is a classic shade which I have always owned. The 24/7 Liquid Liner really is waterproof and the liner goes on so easily which makes a nice change to most liquid eyeliners. The Supercurl Mascara looks good and doesn't flake and the primer locks the eyeshadow onto the lid and lasts all day. I haven't tried the speaker which plays out lessons on different make-up looks yet, but no doubt I will try it soon


    I also decided to take advantage of the sales and buy myself another eyeshadow palette, this time with more neutral shades for my kit. I bought myself a bargain from Apothecary which is sold at House of Fraser. I got an eyeshadow palette for £13 which was usually sold for £26. I was slightly sceptical of the quality as I had never heard of this brand before. However I have pleasantly surprised and proved wrong! The eyeshadows look beautiful on and the colour palette ranges from soft neutral skintones through to bronzes and gun metal greys. It also comes with a set of false eyelashes, which I haven't tried yet, a liquid highlighter, black pencil eyeliner and two lipglosses. These other products are okay- not the best but they aren't the worst I've seen in kits like this. The real highlight here is the eyeshadows and the mock book packaging which contains them. I will do some demos for both these eyeshadow palettes very soon.




    I also received some fabulous skincare from one of my favourite brands- Kiehls. I received a beautiful gift box with the Acai Damage-Repairing Serum, Acai Damage-Correcting Moisturizer and Acai Balance Protecting Toning Mist, Midnight Recovery Eye Cream and a sample size of my favourite and previously mentioned face oil in this post the Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I have been using the Acai products for over two weeks as well as the Eye concentrate and I have started to notice a difference in the texture of my skin.

    "The Acai range according to Kiehl's website should - Activates skin’s own renewal process to help repair visible effects of oxidative skin damage, Improve appearance of skin discoloration, evens skin texture, and provides a natural tightening effect."

    I have to say that I have definately noticed an improvement in the colouration of my skin and it has improved the redness and the uneven-ness that I have. A really luxurious yet practical set of skincare and yet another set of treatments from Kiehls which I absolutely love!








    What beauty products did you received this Christmas? Part two of my beauty haul to come later this week...

    XXX

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I appreciate all your feedback and comments on my posts