Wednesday 13 February 2013

New favourite products & HD Brows take 3

So I've just been tonight for my third HD Brows treatment tonight and these are the results. Below you can see with and without eye make-up. I think there's a real marked improvement since my last post in terms of the even shaping on both the brows. As you can see the shape is starting to look more symmetrical. I naturally have one eye-brow that sits higher than the other, but Camilla has been working on my shape so that it is less obvious.





































Make-Up (in this photo above)

Lancome Photogenic Lumessence
My absolute new favourite foundation from Lancome in Shade 01. I love the finish this gives in my skin; radiant and picture perfect, it gives a medium coverage and little goes a long way. Give it a try if you're looking for something new!

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
I swore for years to not use MAC, I didn't agree with it's ethics and I still think a lot of their products are highly over-rated. However I was at Auckland airport in December at 11.30pm waiting for a very delayed flight to Hong Kong. The only make-up counter that was open was MAC and I was desperate for a decent concealer. I use shade NW 20. I actually love the way this blends and I use it everywhere I need a bit of extra coverage! Again a little goes a very long way. Not saying I'm totally converted, but I'm warming to MAC slightly ;)

Benefit Thrrrob Blusher & Givenchy Le Prisme Blush Bucolique
I layer the two together to give a warm pink glow- Benefit Thrrrob is a subtle baby pink that warms the skin and the Givenchy blusher just gives that gentle pop of fuschia pink.

Illamasqua Liquid Metal - Electrum
I used this as a primer over my eyelids. It's a deep metallic gold which provides a great base for my bronze smoky eye. Gorgeous colour!

MUA Professional- Undressed Eyeshadow palette
I used various shades of smoky bronze blended up and out from my lash line to create this smoky look, finishing with a wash of nude highlight over the top. This palette is my every day go to- from nudes to shimmering bronzes, matte brown's and gun metal greys- it has a great choice. 

Kiko Kajal Khol Pencil no. 100
An inky black pencil with a very similar texture to the arabic khol- I used inside the upper eyelid to define the lashes 

Kiko Super Colour Eyeliner in Shade 110
A metallic purple liner which I've just used to line right along the lashline- super long lasting and very easy to apply

Pixi Eye Bright Liner
A must have for any make-up bag- peachy nude liner you use to line the inside of your lower lashline- gives you a bright eyed look even when terribly hungover!

Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
When I first tried this, I wasn't sold as I thought it was quite a thick formula and I don't normally go for those types of mascara, however the more I have used it, the more I love the look and shape it gives my lashes- builds volume at the roots and coats the lashes from root to tip in a very deep black colour. (I know I sound like a mascara advert but this really does what it says!)

Lancome Juicy Tube
I used shade number 15 in Cerise for a touch of glossy pink

Other products you can't necessarily see are Kiehls Lip Balm #1- the best for my dry and cracked lips in winter. Hydrates them instantly and keeps them feeling soft all day.

Also a fantastic serum recommended to me by my wonderful friend and beauty guru- Amanda Bell
Sophyto Tocotrienol Super Skin Concentrate. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I already see a difference in my skin. I use it every night before bed and my skin looks so much healthier when I wake up! 




3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the Sophyto is working for you. Beautiful look!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an amazing job, Alexandra Anne! I wish-I wish-I wish I had your skills:-(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback and comments on my posts